There’s nothing better than a chippy tea come Easter Friday. Get all hands on deck at home with this cracking fish ‘n’ chips recipe!
- 4 potatoes (chopped into 8 wedges)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 75g dried breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 fillets of skinless haddock/cod
- 300g mushy peas
- Black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to oven to 200°C.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil.
- Add the potatoes to a roasting tin. Use the remaining vegetable oil and toss to coat. Add a pinch of black pepper and bake for 35-40 minutes, turning over after 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on to a plate and add a pinch of black pepper. Dip each fish fillet in the beaten egg mixture and coat in breadcrumbs.
- Bake the fish fillets for 20 minutes, alongside the potatoes.
- Once cooked, heat the mushy peas and serve.
Make sure you tag us in your images on social media @SunderlandVibe